17 May, 2006

'Whats the Point'

This quilt has been a while in the making but its finally finish. I paper pieced the stars, it was a block in QuiltPro if I remember correctly.

I shrunk the star to make it small enough to put it in place of what should have been a plain square.

The 1st border is the centre of the star and the long points.The outer border is the short points of the star.

I like the way the centre looks crooked, its an optical illusion because of the long points in the border.

Lime Green and Orange are my favourite colours at the moment.

The Title? This was Paper Pieced and I still lost a couple of points - which of course wasn't noticed until I was quilting. Its mine and I love it I guess thats all that matters. Perfectionist? Not!

4 comments:

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Ros...your quilt turned out beautifully! The colors are great, with really good value contrast... I love how it looks "tippy" but really isn't! Good job!

Cheers, Sarah

Joyce said...

Great quilt. Love the colors. A few lost points make the rest of us feel better!

Ali Honey said...

Congratulations, that's a great colourful quilt. I really like it. Cheers Alison.

Anonymous said...

I really like that quilt, and the colors are great!

Beth