The quilt in the background is the new piece I am working on - guess there's no keeping it to myself. The photographer liked it as a background.
The exhibition is now over and was a great success and is on its way to Townsville for display at Craftfest on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of April.
This is my piece from the exhibition.
I took a photo of a pot plant, cropped the photo then played with the colours using Paint Shop Pro, experimenting with the programm not planning to turn it into a quilt. Then I had a thought, very dangerous sometimes.
I copied the photo into a work doc then printed a black and white photo, (using 3x3 in page layout) which then became my pattern. The outlines were highlighted with black marking pen, I then traced pieces using fusible webbing and ironed them to selected fabrics.
This was a fun project, different from anything I've done before and I'd like to do another one and experiment more.