31 March, 2009



An article about my involvement in the State of the Art quilt 09 on display at Craftest on the Goldcoast was in the local paper this week and I was thrilled with the job they did.


The quilt in the background is the new piece I am working on - guess there's no keeping it to myself. The photographer liked it as a background.


The exhibition is now over and was a great success and is on its way to Townsville for display at Craftfest on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of April.


This is my piece from the exhibition.

I took a photo of a pot plant, cropped the photo then played with the colours using Paint Shop Pro, experimenting with the programm not planning to turn it into a quilt. Then I had a thought, very dangerous sometimes.

I copied the photo into a work doc then printed a black and white photo, (using 3x3 in page layout) which then became my pattern. The outlines were highlighted with black marking pen, I then traced pieces using fusible webbing and ironed them to selected fabrics.

This was a fun project, different from anything I've done before and I'd like to do another one and experiment more.

No comments: