Had a good day yesterday experimenting with fabric, paper, and paint with the company of my friend Ann.
We watched the Quilting Arts TV DVD and then tried the paper embellishing. Our glue didn't work well and when the paper dried it started to lift off. We used spray glue then to reattach the paper and once layered and stitched everything will, hopefully, stay where it belongs.
I enjoyed playing with this but as with lots of things I'm not sure if I want to do it again. I'm sure I could have reproduced something very similar using dyed fabric, or commercial fabric without making a lot of mess not to mention the extra time involved in setting up and finding everything we needed. Now I can say I've tried that and maybe one day I'll want to try it again. Did enjoy painting over everything, it was a little like playing with dye.
Ann's piece on the left and mine on the right.