18 November, 2005

Helping Hands
38" x 44"
This is a piece I've been working on for over a year.

Each year we have 'White Balloon Day' to increase public awareness of child abuse. One of my Journal Quilts, (made for the 2004 Quilt Art Journals project) depicted the October event and it occurred to me that the Bravehearts Organisation that works towards helping abused children and raising awareness of abuse might be interested in this piece in a larger format as a fund raiser. I emailed them with a picture of my Journal Quilt and an offer to make a larger one for them and they said yes thankyou.

It has taken longer than I thought as I could only work on it when I was able to deal with its message. Today I'm going to send another email and let them know its ready.

Close Up

and Septembers Journal Quilt.

8 1/2" x 11"

No comments: